2paw

Saturday, May 21, 2005

The Answer my Friend is NOT TO KNIT IN DIM LIGHT

How many rows can a woman undo before you can call it all quits?
Well I can undo at least twice, possibly three times. Do not knit with plummy-purple coloured wool and brown wool while watching TV and with dull light. Twice, thrice, not once, I can’t even learn from my mistakes, I knitted the wrong coloured stripe and then blithely kept on knitting way past it. THEN I pulled it undone, corrected the colour and missed an entire stripe. I have no excuse. I should have paid more attention. It’s not as if Lord Lynley is riveting, good, or even half way to being interesting. I was taping it for Aunty Captain Mrs Archer.
In the end I pulled it all undone back to the first stripe and went to bed. I went all Scarlett O’Hara : Remember, tomorrow is another day…

Hello Rosie - you know who you are. Lovely bullion stitches. I am so envious!!!
Now I am typing with a Labrador on my arm. Harki wants a pat and so it trying to insert her head on, or preferably, under, my typing hand. She then wiggles and wags her tail and the whole thing transfers through like an earthquake. I gave them the end of the mixed pepper cheese . It is actually mixed capsicum, but it must be from America. Peri ate the foil.

Dr Who is on tonight. Words are not enough to express my joy and happiness. It is almost as good as a Labrador!!!!! Almost, but not quite. Now Peri is eating an apple I threw outside for the birds. She is a gannet!!!
Everywhere there are wool ( yarn) sales. I always say wool as in the olden days there was only wool. I am so old.. Now we should say yarn as it is more fibre politically correct. I can’t.. I will always say wool, in the same way I say The Hydro for Aurora, Jimmy’s for Coles in Charles St, Roelf Vos for Woolworths everywhere etc. At least I don’t say the PMG for the GPO, now known as Australia Post!!! I don’t do this deliberately, it is just like the Dark Side of the Force, I am being taken over by my mother. Mum does that all the time. Help me. I don’t want to be my mother and be blonde instead of grey at 68. I don’t want to own more shoes than Imelda, shoes I never wear as they don’t fit me. I don’t want to wear pantyhose with a parachute suit.
I expect there is no turning back from the Dark Side of the Moth(er) It is an inexorable fate.
Today I picked up Princess Leia, the last Star Wars pin. Huzzah!! And today’s Star Wars recipe is :

Jedi Juice Pops
1 cup fresh or frozen berries ( or soft fruit of your choice)
300 –350 ml of fruit juice ( you can add lemonade or other flavours too)
paddle pop sticks
Place a piece of fruit into each little cube spot of an ice cube tray, Almost fill with juice and freeze for about 2 hours. Push a stick firmly into the centre and freeze till set. Pop out and eat!! I think you could use yoghurt too, to make a healthy “pop”.

I spotted a typo and then had to edit twice as I fixed the time to am instead of pm. Now there are probably 3 more things I should have fixed!!!