2paw

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Luke, I have felt your presents...

What Darth Vader said to Luke Skywalker at Christmas time.
Oh wow, it rained today for the first time in months, and I mean that literally, not figuratively!! It rained hard and long and the Labradors camped inside, confused at the wetness.
All went well at the Hospital. I am once again making some of my own red blood cells!! Huzzah!!! Of course my marrow is still half way to being shot, but nevertheless, no horrid drugs or injections or other pokey things. We are all of the opinion that the virus I had over Christmas affected my so severely that I had one of those immunity crises I am prone to. Hopefully I am out of the acute mode and into long term chronic again. Who would ever have thought this a prescription for happiness and celebration?
I was so tired , and no doubt reading today, that I slept for about 3 hours from Dr Who onwards. I watched Jordan’s ( makes me ) Cross-ing and then I watched Atlantis, plagued as it was by drop outs and loss of sound. Greta episode. This morning the Babylon 5 movie DVD set arrived and Season 7 Stargate-SG1 as well . This is cause for joy as we missed the first episode of this season. In the UK the movie set only had 3 of the movies instead of 5. Also out soon is Atlantis, Enterprise and Blake’s 7. A veritable feast.
The Labradors are full of love today. Every time I sit down to type they both want to be patted and cuddled. You can’t type with two Labradors wiggling about next to you.
On the knitting front I have sewn up Bronty’s legs and I took another dinosaur to knit in the waiting room. I only did about 10 rows and it was my turn. They have turned out really well and I might knit some more for BE. Tonight I am going to see Kingdom of Heaven. We were going to see Sahara, but it is only on at 9-20 pm and I can’t be out that late!!! I will nap now till 6, and then away to the cinema.
I have traced and embroidered a back stitch outline of Tasmania onto calico to sew onto the bag. I will also cut out some red felt apples and appliqueé them as well. Then the Tasmanian goodies can go in it : special glasses, a ‘stubby’ holder, leatherwood honey, lavender soap, Tasmanian playing cards, some special chocolate, a bookmark and bush peppercorns. All reminders of Tasmania, and I will write a song too.
I have emailed the Fresh TV show with another song, requesting the details of the gingerbread 3D house cutters. I don’t think anyone ever reads the questions, the same one has been on the website since it was updated. I send them a poem or a song every week in the hope they will weaken and give me some information. They say they read their mail but I have my doubts.
Here is the last Star Wars Recipe:


Han-burgers
500 g of mince
1 onion, chopped
1 tbspn tomato paste
1 tspn Worcestershire sauce
sliced tomatoes
lettuce
mustard and tomato sauce
4 wholemeal hamburger buns
Other fillings: capsicum, pickles, onions, chillies etc
Cut the buns in half and toast them as desired.
Combine the mince, paste, sauce and onion and mix with your clean hands for about 5 minutes. Divide into 8 thin patties to fit your buns. Fry or grill the burgers till they are cooked to your liking. I like well done.
Squirt sauce/ mustard on the bottom bun, top with one patty, then tomato, lettuce and any other fillings you choose, then another patty and mustard/sauce. Put the top half of the bun on as a lid and serve immediately. I have a (bad good feeling about this!!!