2paw

Friday, May 20, 2005

Star Wars - Use the Fork Luke!!!


Been, seen, it’s a dream!! We waited in line last night for an hour. Actually we sat on the comfy seats until the line reached the stairs then we sat on them. We read SFX magazines and Aunty Captain Mrs Archer gave me a present – The Revenge of the Sith book!!!!!!! I gave her Bassett’s Liquorice Allsorts from the special shop. No comparison really!!! I took precautionary drugs as I felt slightly off : perhaps too much excitement, perhaps a cold?
Then in we all went. And by all I mean mostly spotty anoraks, and then us!!! They made us sit through 15 minutes of promos and then it started.
Believe you me, ( and isn’t that very Yoda?) this film deserves an M rating. But it is, indeed, the best of the 3 recent films. You MUST MUST MUST see it, even if you hates TPM and AOTC. This is iconic and it segues effortlessly into the next trilogy.
I laughed, I cried, I was scared, cross, the whole gamut of emotions. There was love, hate, betrayal, stupidity, violence, death, bravery….we will see it again on Sunday.
Of course now I must gird my loins for the new Dr Who. So many things, so little time… and the power has been going on and off but thankfully Stargate Atlantis taped and I watched it this morning before collecting the Colonel Grievous pin from the newsagency. There is only one left to collect: Princess Leia. See how my priorities are deep and meaningful???

Knitting? I am knitting as I speak ( well, I am doing rows in between internetting).

Death Star Popcorn Balls
75 g butter
100 g marshmallows ¼ cup light brown sugar
100 g popcorn ( already popped natural not coloured)
jubes for decoration
Melt butter in a pan over low heat and slowly stir to melt the added sugar and marshmallows. When combined, pour over the popcorn and mix very thoroughly. Use dampened hands to form a ball and add jubes to the exteriors to mimic lights etc. You can use other lollies too. Place on baking paper to cool and set. Makes 8 to 10 depending on the size.