2paw

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Truly a day of rest here....

Today is a day of total rest, even the offer of Blake’s 7 watching was not enough to tempt me from the bounds of the house. I am not in my pyjamas, despite previous threats, so all can rest easy!!! It is the school holidays and all my friends will be available in the day time so I want to save myself as much as possible. The Labradors finally made me get out of bed just before The Insiders at 9 am, and I have cooked them their breakfast.
Cathy commented about pears and elimination diets and it will be no surprise to any one that, yes, I have had a dog on an elimination diet hat involved pears and rice and all those things. You slowly add new foods to their diet to see which they are allergic too. I am the person whose dog had their tonsils out!! Who knew dogs had tonsils???
I am on the home run of the Fibonacci Jumper body and almost crashed. I thought I was out of the plum coloured wool and of course the wool shop isn’t open today. But lo, in the East, a star…. Well, in the hall, ½ a ball I had rescued from Peri’s playfulness. So I can finish the pattern : feather and fan, and then maybe make it all the way the armhole cast off and the underarm which is itself only 6 cm.
I have decided to do the sleeves with Fibonacci stripes at the cuff and up the sleeve for one repeat 1,1,2,3,5,8 and then knit one sleeve black and one dark blue. I think all over stripes will be too confronting. I feel that I am going to be able to finish this, but it will be a race against time!!! I have 2 almost finished dinosaurs, so when I do run out of wool I have ends to weave in and dinosaurs to finish…..
So, my exciting life today will consist of throwing a ball up the backyard for Harki, patting Peri, knitting and catching up on TV. Oh and talking on the phone which really cuts into my knitting time.

Easy Chocolate and Coconut Cake for a Sunday
250 g melted butter
60 g sifted cocoa powder
300 g caster sugar
3 eggs
150 g shredded or desiccated coconut
225 g plain flour
1 ½ tspn baking powder
180 ml milk ( or coconut milk)
Preheat oven to 180 C ( 160 ff) and grease and line a 24 cm tin. Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk or beat till combined. That’s it!!! Bake for about 50 minutes. Cool on a rack.