2paw

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Tonight's the night!!

Fear not : there is no Rod Stewart with gravelly tones, no slinky Brit Ekland, no song with, as the man on Shearers said – sexual connotations. I must digress, on the Shearers on the ABC this week ( reality shearing school set in Tasmania) the head shearer’s offsider said there should be no ‘sexual connotations’ !! We think he meant harassment as the entire show then proceeded to be full of single, double, even triple entendre and innuendo!! Most amusing.
No! Tonight is the night for Star Wars. I am very excited. I am napping this afternoon. I gave up sewing. I gave up watching Enterprise and Tru Calling. I have gone all Oklahoma now : All or nuthin’-

I go and sow my last wild oat! I cut out all shenanigans.
I save my money, don't gamble or drink In the back room down at Flannigans!
I give up lotsa other things A gentleman never mentions,
But before I give up anymore, I wanta know your intentions!

My intentions are to go to the Library and return the Handmade magazines. I have spent a desultory hour looking for them and they were already found and sitting on the top of the couch. I have another in the car. The actual Handmade people assured me it was a missing Christmas issue. It was, in fact, an Easter issue and I already have it. The man at the newsagency has ordered Interweave Knitting, Vogue Knitting and Rowan. I think Rowan 37 is gone, but I will be all ready for Rowan 38. It is about $50 but there are over 40 patterns. I have found a 37 on the internet at a yarn shop. I may buy it. I can’t buy it until my tax return comes though. I am exceedingly poor until then. I look at my health insurance 30% refund as a kind of unChristmas club!!! I will buy a simple digital camera so I can put pictures on my blogs!!! Especially of the Labradors. They could be there every day, in triplicate!!!
I have undone my knitting AGAIN. The cables pulled the work in far too much. How did I not know this? I know that cables and rib both contract, yet I blithely went ahead regardless. I have done a travelling moss stitch. It is a diagonal pattern made by a purl . It is very nice and NOT PULLY INNY.
I enjoy words. Words are great. I like words that are not real in spite of my pedantry : see boogelly, accribitz, pully inny, percentagise, orphanry etc.

Obligatory Star Wars Recipe.
R2-D2 Treats
100 g white chocolate
¼ cup finely chopped nuts
1 or 2 bananas
1 KitKat ( 4 fingers)
Line a tray . place in the freezer. Melt and cool chocolate, peel the banana and cut into KitKat lengths. Dip banana into chocolate and then just the top portion into the nuts. Press a KitKat finger on each side. Repeat with as many bananas and KitKats as you have. Lay on the cold tray and place in the freezer till set. Serve from the freezer.
It does look cute if you round the top part to look like R2’s head!!!