2paw

Friday, June 03, 2005

Oh for the Duracell Bunny!!!

1-30 pm yesterday: There I was all dressed up with a place to go… I started the car… and NOTHING happened !!! I went back down the stairs inside and thought it couldn’t be right so I went back up and tried again : nothing. There was no time to ring anyone except a taxi and I made it with 5 minutes to spare ( but not $7-50!) Afternoon tea was lovely but seeing my friends lovelier. Doing Girls’ Automotive Repair Theory 101 we decided it was the battery. I did think that that was not possibly expensive enough, but sure enough, after ringing the RACT, spending 30 very cold minutes reading my Dr Who episode guide book by the dim glow of the streetlight, their diagnosis was confirmed. $83 later the car was up and running.
Today the ice was so thick as it was –2 C. The Labradors just don’t care. They had an energetic walk that consisted mostly of running and they saw two older Labradors, which made their day.
I went to Aunty Captain Mrs Archer’s to watch Stargate Atlantis. Two excellent episodes, except one is to-be-continued and I have to wait till Monday. I am impatient. One episode was all complicated with 3 different stories running 3 different POVs of the same events. This one was great and I figured it out, but it was clever writing.
We had a small shop at A&R and bought 3 Fairy books to get 3 rainbow see through watches. I bought a green top to match my jeans so I am extremely happy.
I have felt quite dizzy a few times in the last 2 days and not 100% so I have eaten meat and vegetables and had 2 Berocca. That should vitamin me up!!!
I have Ark Angel by Anthony Horowitz to read. He writes all the Alex Rider books. I highly recommend them and his Diamond Brothers books too. He also wrote Crime Traveller, universally pooh-poohed but I loved it, Boon, Poirot, Midsomer Murders, Foyle’s War and Robin of Sherwood among other things.
On the knitting front I have finished the first sleeve and I have bought the wool to knit the second. It is a slightly different shade, but I will do the cuff in the darker one and it should be OK.

Easy-Peasy Tiramisu
125 ml espresso coffee
125 ml coffee liqueur
16 savoiardi ( sponge finger) biscuits
300 g marscapone cheese
375 ml pouring cream
3 or 4 tablespoons of icing sugar
Place marscapone, cream and sugar in a bowl and stir till well combined. Mix coffee and liqueur together in a shallow bowl. Quickly dip both sides of half the biscuits in the coffee mixture and place in 4 little glass bowls. Top with half the filling. Dip the last 8 biscuits and repeat. Dust with cocoa and icing sugar, cover and refrigerate till needed.