2paw

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Wookie Cookies!!!

No knitting or sewing or any craft in any way, shape or from. I went to Di’s for tea and then came home and went to sleep. This morning I went to the Museum to help with the dinosaur excursion. I talked for about 90 minutes and then had sandwiches and then watched orienteering and came home. No, I lie, I went to the supermarket and I had 4 things and the queues on the TWO, that’s right, TWO checkouts were so long I left the cheese and milk and juice and water cracker biscuits and went home shoppingless. I found I had left the door to the hall open but the Labradors have not created any fuss, mess or bother so that is all OK. I am not going to sewing tonight as I want to walk the Labradors tomorrow and then go to Star Wars tomorrow night. I am really excited now. I barely know what will happen – though in truth we all know as this is film 3 out of 6 – but nevertheless I have avoided spoilers if I can.
I am quite tired and think I need more than a nap. I have found my very excellent timer so I can sleep happily in the knowledge that I won’t miss Dr Who at 6pm. I must put last night’s episode on the tape of things to be watched as it is almost the end of the Segments of Time miniseries.
OK now the Celebratory Star Wars Recipe!!!

Wookie Cookies
375 g plain flour
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn cinnamon
250 g butter
220 g brown sugar
110 g caster sugar
3 eggs
1 ½ tspn vanilla extract
2 cups of chopped chocolate of your choice!!!
Preheat oven to 180 C ( 160 ff) Grease AND LINE TRAYS
Sift dry ingredients together. Cream butter and sugars with essence. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in dry ingredients and chocolate. Place rounded tablespoonfuls onto the tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes ( may take a bit longer??) Cool on a rack.