2paw

Sunday, June 05, 2005

And sew it begins...

No, it is not Babylon 5 again, it is almost the onset of the war on Ends. I will finish the blue sleeve today and then I will be forced to sew in myriad ends. This will be soul destroying and boring, but there is nothing for it, unless I decided to add more and make a fringe!!! I find it hard to believe that I am actually ahead of schedule, usually I am finishing things I want to wear as I am going out the door. This is unlike me.
Yesterday was a day of sleeping, knitting and catching up on things I needed to watch. I have cleared up 9 tapes, yes 9 tapes of 8 hours each. From this you can deduce that I didn’t have to watch everything, and remember that a 60 minute show without ads is only 40 minutes. Wherever do they get the idea that there are 13 minutes of ads an hour? I watched 2 or 3 episodes of The Last Detective , and I watched the last 2 episodes of North and South again and had a tiny cry at the end. It was all P&P. It had such a lovely ending and Henry deserved more of a spurning, the smarmy git.
Today we have been for a walk and the Labradors have scoffed their boiled celery and cabbage as if it were caviar. I am throwing the squeaky toy for Harki and Peri is all Monarch of the Glennish, lying on her green plaid picnic rug on the decking.
I am off to Aunty Captain Mrs Archer’s to sew the gathering tape onto the top of the curtains. She is helping as this is the awkward stage. Then all the curtains are finished and done. It has only taken a year!!! This time last year we all helped ACMA renovate her lounge and dining rooms after the new carpet was laid. I chose the colours to go with the new couch which is bright (but not electric) blue : milk chocolate for the trims and an almond creamy colour as the main. The curtains have all these colours in them. I do love colours.

The week of easy recipes continue with this…..
Crispy Bacon and Cheese Potatoes
4 medium potatoes, like Dutch Cream
oil and salt
3 rashers of bacon
1 onion
½ a red capsicum,
3 spring onions
250 g grated cheese
¼ cup grated parmesan cheesePierce the potatoes all over with a fork and rub with oil and sprinkle with salt. Microwave them as you would usually, don’t forget to let them rest for a few minutes.. Mine does 1 potato in about 6 minutes on High. Meanwhile, chop the onion and bacon and fry till crisp, add the other ingredients and cook for another minute. Cut potatoes in half and top with the bacon and cheese mixture. A dollop of sour cream sprinkled with some chopped parsley finished this off nicely.