2paw

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I am undone AND the start of a whole week of Star Wars recipes!!!

I am uncool. I do not subscribe to the newfangled 'frogging' of knitting, which apparently is related to the 'read it' library book and frog joke. In other countries frogs say 'rip-it' and knitters UNDO their work. I have undone the cables. I am resigned now to at least one purl between them. One purl will make them stand out and not show up too much. I will knit a bigger cable, I will have to do maths to make sure it is all even. I think I like knitting as it is mostly about maths. Thus, I am undone.
The Bendigo Mills sent me a shade card. I had one of these when I still lived at home. There are 2 or 3 wools that will match my new jeans so I am going to order this week. There is a 10% discount and no postage for orders over $30. I just need a pattern to have an idea of the amount of wool. I also want to knit up the Feathers wool. I have the green/teal/peacock shade and I think it needs proper wool cuffs and bands. I can make a good cardigan I think. I have decided I am a cardigan person. It has the benefits of a jumper and then you can also wear it open or undone!! I am undone in many ways then.
This morning the Labradors went to the Vet to find their mass ( I know we all say to be weighed, but weight and mass are two different things. You always have the same mass , the amount of water you would displace from a bath eg, but your weight changes. It is only 1/6 of Earth weight on the Moon approximately. I am a Maths pedant and I make no excuses) Harki has lost 3.1 kg , she is now 39.1,and Peri has lost 2.4 kg, she is now 36.2. Harki has to lose about 3 or 4 more kilos and Peri only 1. I am very happy that all the boiled cabbage and celery has paid off.!!!
I have 3 new NEW Dr Who books put aside at Petrachs to be on lay-by and I must pay some more off my shoes. I want to see if there is material to match my jeans to make a skirt too, oh and material to make a skirt to match my chartreuse-khaki kind of coloured cardigan.
Well, I have 'accidentally' bought another pair of lovely suede green shoes. Well, they are on lay-by and I bought a green top from the Red Cross shop for $10. It is a tad form fitting but it is very nice.
The nice man at the Kmart newsagency has ordered for me three knitting magazines. He will put them in my drawer with the SFX - which have a lot of Dr Who and Ben Browder ( ex-Farscape, new to Stargate) I didn't go to Spotlight to look at material or the wool shop. Shoes and a top were enough. Aunty Captain Mrs Archer wanted a Light Saber and a Star Wars lanyard too.
In honour of Star Wars we will now have a week of recipes from my Star Wars cook Book. Yes, you are reading that correctly : a Star Wars Cook Book. I wanted to do 'Hoth Chocolate' or 'Yoda Soda' but that's too easy.
TIE Fighter Ties
4 chorizo sausages ( or any yummy good sausage cooked and cooled -skinned too??)
sheets of puff pastry
beaten egg
mustard and/or sauces of your choice
Preheat oven to 200 C (180 ff)
Place one sheet of pastry down. Cut in half. Lay sausages down the middle of each ½. Brush egg close to the sausage and place another sheet of halved pastry on top. Press firmly to seal close to the sausage. Cut slices of about 2 or 3 cm. Lay them on a lined and greased tray so the cut side is facing up. Separate the 2 free sides of pastry and form an 'X' shape!!! Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Serve with dipping mustards and sauces!!! Makes a fleet of food. May the Force be with you!!!!