2paw

Monday, June 06, 2005

Bookscapade on ice!!!

First of all the good news!! I bought a knitting book : Creative Knitting, and it has a crossover cardigan on the front. It will need Tweaking. I prefer a longer band and I like the sewn on front bands to be ribbed in the other direction but apart from that it is good and it had a bonus book from Winter last year. I also snapped up the Christmas in July Handmade and 4 books from Fullers for $5 : so $20 instead of $95, what a bargain.
I can’t sew in any ends as I can’t find a bodkin or buy one. I went to Spotlight to buy some and a few other things and waited with my number in the queue and I had #15, the number they called was #1 and the lady who came after me was #14. They began a McCarthy like investigation but I can’t be standing up for more than 10 minutes or so. I left in quiet disgust and wrote a letter and posted it straight away on the way home.
Then I found Peri ( it couldn’t be Harki?) had stolen the new packet of Hobnobs off the dresser and eaten then all up.
I am consoling myself about all my trials and tribulations by cooking an easy recipe I have just made up!! I looked at what I had and made these:
Easy Italian Meatballs
750 g mince ( pork and lamb for me)
chilli to taste, fresh or dried
2 tbspn tomato paste
1 red onion chopped finely
parsley, chopped
I small egg
Fresh breadcrumbs, if needed
1 bottle of Passada ( bottle crushed tomatoes)
Mix all the ingredients except the Passada. Use your hands and try to do it for at least 5 minutes. Shape into walnut sized meatballs ad brown in small batches. Pour Passada into the drained pan and ass the meatballs and poach for about 20-30 minutes till cooked.
You can add any flavours you like, sun dried tomatoes, olives, some grated parmesan cheese etc. Serve with steamed vegetables, salad and/or pasta.