2paw

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The end is nigh...

The main body and sleeves of the Fibonacci Jumper are totally finished and I have managed to buy 2 bodkins at the wool shop and so tonight will consist mainly of Stargate:Atlantis, Boston Legal and ends: the sewing in of.
The main excitement is the purchase of a new peeler. You would think ( sorry Gertrude) a peeler is a peeler is a peeler, but it is not so. So many peelers are duds, the slide over the peelee, they dig in, they give you blisters. My new peeler is a jewel amongst peelers. I have peeled apples, zucchini, potatoes and carrots and it has not put a blade wrong. The only drawback is that it is off white, always a good throwing out with the peel colour!!!
Now I have whiled away 1 hour and 55 minutes cooking tea, watching the ABC News and answering emails. I must away to sew in ends… How I hate that, but it is a necessary evil.